Act III: Salud!
There I was, at the Bar Cathedral, with a blue cap on the head with a glass of champagne in hand and surrounded by people who love me, my colleagues and my family celebrating.
had reached the goal, not had completed only one stage of my life, but also had done with honors: a 7 unanimous grade on my exam, so my Master's Degree in International Studies will have a beautiful name: summa cum laude, the highest honor to a mortal who makes a graduate may choose.
I waited so this time. Worked so hard for this, and I also felt I deserved so much that all conclude in this way, which could only conclude, because life always gives you what you know you deserve, and this was one of those times.
Finally, at the end of the road, looking back and seeing how those weekends full days of study and hard work paid off, because it paved the way from the beginning of my master's, almost four years, and this moment.
I'm happy, grateful, pleased. Seeing how close the cycles of this beautiful way, and how soon will open cycles, other stages of my life where new perspectives are also in other horizons.
Act Two: "I am so proud of you, my chanchita!"
could not dial your phone, and I began to agonize. The zero, double zero, the carrier, the country code. How do I a cell phone call to Germany? Even the operator of my company knew how. And I needed to say, and with my voice, not an SMS, how far done. The donkey was in Germany, awaiting news of my exam grade, with a candle from the exact time he had begun my defense.
Luckily he walked into the restaurant where lunch with a friend and former colleague of Masters, I found an international call center, and dialed his number.
I think I answered while still sounded the first ring, anxious. I could almost see her smile across the line between sly smile and a boy I kissed her good times and now he wanted to kiss again.
-Tell me, tell me, honey !!!!- I said instead of "hi" or "how are you?"
-Maximum qualification, hundred percent-almost shouted, translating to share my 7
- Yuhuuuuuu!! honey, !!!!!!!!!, Such a good news you are fantastic! !!!!!!!!!- congratulations shouted the donkey to me on the phone and across the world, I want to jump right now !!!!!
"Oh yes honey, me too!! OK, just jump! We Can jump together, "I said, jumping like crazy in the phone booth, he had glasses outward from where the manager looked at me with a face of "poor fool" and him saying to unĂsiono-jump, jump, jump, jump!
"Oh yes, I am jumpigng Darling! Yuhu !!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you my chanchita-the donkey was screaming and jumping, I was happy, acting like Latin America and saying chanchita, but in English, and I tell my schatz, meaning "treasure" in German.
"Oh yes my love, I am so happy, the Examination was really grate !!!!! I was very calm and full of self confidence!! Everything was OK and now, I am Master of Arts !!!!!!!
"Oh, Darling please!! tell me how Was Your Examination!!
First Act: Consideration
I went walking on my tango shoes, a kind of cabal for this important day. Ironing and perfect hair, makeup and accessories sober, and pants and blouse I had bought for the occasion, and the main thing: the desire to do well, because I really worked hard on my thesis and this was the occasion he could show it.
I entered the empty classroom, nearly 20 minutes before the hour to load my powerpoint on the computer, see that everything worked and find the best position for the chair, microphone, the water jug. Nothing could be random.
Gradually the teachers were coming: the examining committee, the director of my master's. Little by little the minute of truth, the final minute for which he had waited so long, it came closer. And I was calm, confident, wanting to start my presentation and answer questions.
And the time came. The director of the Masters program introduced me to the committee along with the theme of my thesis, and was silent for me to speak. I took a little air, knowing that that was the point of no return the end of this process, and began, as he had rehearsed many times in the weeks above, with thanks to the committee for comments he made to my thesis.
I waited for my presentation and questions from teachers, who were neither difficult nor complicated, or so it seemed to me. I replied sure, all together at the end. When I finished, I was asked to leave while the committee deliberated and closed the door behind me I felt I had done well and it was highly likely to have not only approved, but to get high marks.
-ever 15 minutes later, I did enter. While still walking towards the chair he had occupied during the presentation, the committee thanked me seriously and depth of work and the quality of my presentation and told me that my score was 7 unanimous. I was happy, and instead of sitting, walked to the teachers and greeted each other around, happy and grateful for what just happened.
worked hard, seriously and with dedication to my thesis and throughout the Masters, but 7 was difficult, that does not happen very often, and I had won.
What happiness! What a relief! What greater satisfaction! I had to tell the donkey, had to call him! After the photo of rigor to the commission and the new Master, to the bulletin board of the University, ran to dial your number on my cell, thinking about how nervous he was, in Germany, waiting for test results.
wanted to talk to him, hear his voice and his joy, I wanted to say how well everything had gone, how happy he was and the celebration was going to have that afternoon, after work, my family and my friends. I wanted to thank you for being with me at the moment, where cycles are closed and the future is open, to start thinking in new cycles.
0 comments:
Post a Comment